Friday, July 11, 2014

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 02: Incubation

The episode starts at the moment it finished on 1st episode, with Touka forcing Ken to eat some human flesh and then kicking and punching him. Yoshimura, the owner of the café appears to be a ghoul as well and coffee is the only thing that tastes good for ghouls besides human flesh. After this, we find out Rize isn’t dead at all as she is in Ken’s mind trying to convince him to follow his ghoul instinct. The best part of the episode is when Ken fights Nishio to save Hideyoshi. After beating Nishio thanks to Rize’s power, Ken is about to eat his own best friend but he’s stopped by Touka. After this, he awakes at the café and find out Hideyoshi is alive. After an inspirational speech from Yoshimura about Ken belonging to both, human and ghoul worlds, two new characters who seem to be inspectors appear. 

Unleash the ghoul you have inside
Thank God she's not wearing a skirt...
Too bad it's regular coffeeand not blood or something
So Touka isn't a half ghoul?
SHOW ME YOUR RIGHT EYE!
Stop flirting, you two...
Just trust in your frien
WTF
Calm down, you're not even naked!
This is the beginning...
... of a yaoi love story
Spit it out!
This is...
SPARTA!
DISGUSTING
Hahah! Food/foot
Get it?
Those kicks...
SANJI SKILLS
Nice and blue ghoul tentacles
Nostalgia Energy Booster
Creepy pose
I get it! SHUT UP!
Remember when she kicked your ass?

All? D:
Badass
Exactly.
Bijuu Mode

Knocked out without even noticing.
Filling you out with human flesh like a turkey
Human-ghoul ambassador
Shiet! He was awake?
Oh, so Masked Man's name was actually Jason
Handsome inspector to hunt some ghouls

After last episode, I thought Rize won’t appear again. But now I realized she’s part of Ken’s personality, I’m interested on how he will end up controlling all her impulses. It kinda reminds me of Naruto with the Kyuubi inside.

I’ve read on some comments that the negative visual effect during Ken’s fight against Nishio is for censoring purposes. But still, the result makes it very cinematic in my opinion.

About the Opening, I like Unravel very much and it shows several characters which I can’t wait discover. One thing I found interesting on the Opening is that Touka’s right eye is shown for a second fragment and contrary of what I thought, it’s apparently normal. It’s most likely for Touka to be a complete ghoul as Yoshimura didn’t see any half ghoul till now. But still thing this can be possible as Touka is able to control her ghoul eye(s). 

Footage from the Opening

Another thing I found interesting is what I think it’s Ken’s alter ego to look more like a complete ghoul. At first I found it incoherent as Ken’s ghoul eye is his left one while on the Opening, his alter ego has it on the right.


Footage from the Opening


But then things cleared up at the Ending, where Ken’s ghoul eye is on the left. That made me think, that Ken’s alter ego in the Opening is shown with a mirror effect as both Kens are showed at the same time.


Footage from the Ending
To finish, at the end of the Opening we can see Ken with white hair, something that I really don’t understand yet but I guess I will have to wait for the upcoming episodes. 

Footage from the Opening




No comments:

Post a Comment