Friday, July 4, 2014

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 01: Tragedy


Next anime series to be reviewed is Tokyo Ghoul.

This horror anime attracted me when I saw the key visual featuring the main character with a patch on one eye, which reminded of Another’s protagonist, Mei Misaki. This anime adaptation had good feedback from the manga readers and non-readers, I’m going to follow the anime without reading the manga so I can speculate more. 

Bloody sexiness
Hey, your aquarium is beau-

-tiful... Okay, never mind

Bloody party
Jason joins the party!
Who doesn't have a friend like him?



Definitely I know someone like him

Sexy girl with glasses

Wait, can goats do that?

Actually, you're TOO fine, aren't you?

Yeah... go kill someone

...
Such a romantic place

This is how you feel the first "kiss"
Damn, she really is in love with him
Puke rainbows EXTREME LEVEL
End of love story
Wait, I thought it was finished! 
That was planned, isn't it?
You did this, right?
That man looks like a pervert
Congrats! It's a boy!
Cool guy with glasses
Loli cannibalism
Yeah, she's your son's mother
HARAKIRI!
Wow, that was cool!
So, cool guy with glasses is a ghoul
Wait a sec... Show me your right eye!
He is like you, am I wrong?
EAT THAT, MOTHERF..

I have good expectations for this anime, I really liked it. All the bloody scenes are intense and the dark environment of the city is very effective. I’m interested on Ken’s character development throughout the series, specially noticing what seems to be a Ken’s alter-ego type of thing on the key visual.




Being Rize a benge eater ghoul, now that Ken has her organs I wonder if he is going to become a benge eater too. Being half human too, makes things even more interesting. When it comes to the transplant surgery, the doctor’s smile make me think they knew what were they doing, specially because they did the surgery without next of kin permission. 

About Touka, I really think she is a half ghoul too by the fact that her hair covers her right eye. But anyways, whether I'm right or not about this, it's a fact that Touka will be an important support character for Ken.

Maybe I’m speculating too much, or not. After the anime adaptation ends, I’m most likely to continue it by reading the manga. 









No comments:

Post a Comment